Delta Airlines allows its passengers to carry babies in their laps. Delta Airlines' infant add-on policy allows passengers to travel with their babies without having to ask Delta customer service to allow them to do so.
To carry your infant, learn more about Delta Airlines' Infant Policy
You can go through the information given below so that you can learn better about the process.
Can I add an infant to my Delta flight?
You can bring an infant with you on a Delta flight. You can add the infant when you book your ticket or you can call Delta and ask them to add the infant.
How do I add my baby to an already booked Delta flight?
To add a baby to your flight booking, kindly follow the steps given below that shall assist you with the process:
- Please visit Delta Airlines' website, www.delta.com, where you can find information about adding an infant to your flight ticket.
- Further, enter the required details and log in to your account with Delta Airlines.
- If you want to bring a baby on your trip, you can click on the booking you want to add the baby to the trip.
- On the booking summary tab, scroll down to the Special Request option.
- You need to fill out a form with some information like your name, gender, and when you were born. To do this, click on the tab that says "infant in arms".
- After filling in the details, click on the confirmation option.
- You will receive a confirmation email to your respective email address.
What is Delta Infant Policy?
Travelling with an infant of fewer than two years old requires following certain guidelines to make sure the trip is safe and enjoyable. These guidelines include using a car seat, packing extra supplies, and making sure you have the right documents.
1) Babies can fly on an airplane without paying for a ticket. They just need to sit on their lap and the guardian will need to add the baby's details to the flight. If the baby needs their season you will have to pay for a ticket.
2)If you are using an FAA seat, you need to buy an extra ticket for the baby when you fly on an aeroplane. This will give them their seat.
3)If you have two babies, you need to get an extra seat for them.
4)You can pack necessary items for your baby when you travel, like food, diapers, and other things your baby needs. You can put them along with your baggage on the plane.
5)You can ask an airline for a special seat for a baby to sleep in.
6) Passengers with babies can't sit in the special seats which include emergency, entry-exit, and overhead seats on a plane.
How much does Delta charge for Infants on International flights?
The charges for infants vary from infants age to age, kindly read the details below:-
- For babies under 2 years old, they can sit on an adult's lap on the plane and don't need a ticket.
- A baby who is younger than two years old can get a special seat on a plane with their ticket.
- Children older than two years old have to buy a new ticket when they travel.
- For unaccompanied minors, the airline will charge $150 to help them with an employee escort. They will also get other services from the airline. The airline will put a special code on the child so you can track them.
What documents do I need for my baby in the Delta reservation?
When you go on a trip with a baby, you need to have some special documents. These include their birth certificate, passport, and insurance papers. It is important to have these documents with you so that you can travel safely and smoothly.
- Kids don't need to show any papers or ID when they travel on a plane for a trip inside the same country.
- When you go on an international trip, it's important to have these things with you: a passport, proof of your relationship with your child, your child's permission to travel, and a visa for the country you're visiting.