Turkish Airlines is the flag carrier airline in Turkey. It ranks among the top of most recognized airlines around the globe. With so many top-quality features and customer-friendly service, customers are often lost in getting refunds from the airline. They don't know the methods to get airline reimbursement easily. Following the procedure outlined below, it is possible to see"
How do I receive the money back by Turkish Airlines?
Additionally, we are required to think about the various actions Turkish Airlines allows refunds to its customers on cancellation of their bookings and in other cases as well.
Any customer can claim refunds via any of the following means:-
- Phone: +1 (347) 695-1687
- Online Mode
- Official application
- Ticket office
- Self-service kiosk
What is the refund policy of Turkish Airlines?
There may be cases where customers have to cancel their bookings on account of any reason. This may cause them a considerable loss in their hard-earned money.
To ensure that customers do not face such issue, Turkish Airlines have come up with a constructive refund policy.
Any customer can apply for a refund by following the given steps:-
- Visit Turkish Airlines’ official website.
- Click on the manage flight options.
- Enter the required details.
- You will land on the booking page.
- Click the cancel option to cancel the flight, in case you have not cancelled.
- Click on the request refund button.
- Fill out the form by entering the required details.
- Select the mode of getting a refund.
- Submit the form.
- A confirmation mail will be sent to the customer’s registered e-mail.
Can I get a full refund on Turkish Airlines?
There are cases where Turkish Airlines allow full refunds to their customers.
To avail of full refunds, customers should belong to any of the given categories:-
- Where the flight is delayed by 5 or more hours, customers can cancel their flights and claim full refunds.
- Where on cancellation of the original flight, the alternative does not suit the customer, he can claim a full of refund.
- Where customers were forbidden to board the flight.
- Where any erratic event takes place as in the case of Covid-19.
- Where the customer has booked a fully refundable ticket.
- In case of sudden demise of a co-passenger or close relative.
How long does it take to get a refund from Turkish Airlines?
Turkish Airlines’ customer service works efficiently enough to ensure sufficient support to their customers regarding any issue they face.
Regarding its refund policy, Turkish Airlines provides speedy redressals to its customers.
Any customer making requests for refunds is first authenticated by the experts and then processed further.
Generally, it takes 7-10 working days to make refunds to the customers. However, different durations are possible for different categories:-
- Where payment was made via credit card, the refund may be allowed within 3-5 days.
- Where any payment method was used other than a credit card, it may take 10-20 days to credit the refund to the customers.
- In case, the refund takes more than the usual time to be credited, then customers should check their bank status.
This would help them to verify whether a refund has been credited or not.
Does Turkish Airlines have a 24-hour cancellation policy?
Yes Turkish Airlines have a fully refundable cancellation policy where customers can cancel their bookings within 24 hours if they fall in either of the given categories:-
- Where there is a time lag of 7 days between the booking date and the departure date.
- Where the customers have not used their e-gift certificates, electronic vouchers, or travel credit vouchers to book their flights.
- No cancellation charges apply where customers cancel their bookings within 24 hours,
Note: It should be noted that a 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply to the bookings done under Miles&Smiles Program.
It does not apply to the cancellation of Group Bookings.
Can you cancel your flight on Turkish Airlines?
Yes, the customer can cancel their flight on Turkish Airlines.
Such cancellation should take place at least one hour before the departure.
Refer to the given points to know more about the cancellation and the corresponding refund policy of Turkish Airlines:-
- Customer can cancel their flight and request a refund where the bookings are refundable
- The customer would be allowed a refund on their non-refundable bookings if canceled within 24 hours of the booking.
- Cancellation charges ranging from $250-$300 apply in certain cases.
- Mode of payment plays a crucial role in determining the cancellation charges.
- Cancellation fee will not be refunded in any case.
- Cancellation will be done only through how the booking took place.
- In the case of group booking, online cancellation is not allowed.
Hope the given faqs helped our dear customers to get clarifications.
Keep travelling! Have a happy and safe flying